Coinbase connection issues popping up randomly when the site is needed the most have left an annoying experience amongst crypto enthusiasts. These issues range from Coinbase down, users unable to sell/buy, and Coinbase connection bugs to name a few. If you are one of the 98 million verified users residing in one of the 100 countries that trust Coinbase to invest and spend in crypto, then frequent connection issues make one nervous. The latest one that is haunting users is “We’re having connection trouble, but your funds are safe. Please try again later today.”
The latest Coinbase connection issues is being reported over the past few months by many. The issue pulls up when a Coinbase user tries to buy and sell crypto and is unable to complete the transaction. Users have reported on both the app as well browser version.
The frequency of Coinbase connection issues is getting very common of late. It has been found that as soon as anything major in the market happens Coinbase dies down and it includes mass sell or mass buy. It hardly matters whether you are on an app or browser or Wifi or mobile data connections. One encounters “We’re having connection trouble, but your funds are safe. Please try again later today” at some point while doing transactions on CB.
Users have been typically disappointed by the site’s performance of late. It appears much more sluggish and unreliable, with users getting logged out a lot more often over the past few weeks. The annoyance gets complicated when one plans to buy in the deepest part of the crash and have sufficient funds but the Coinbase app refuses to work.
Does this mean that one should open up accounts with multiple exchanges to help avoid issues, especially during a volatile market?
Users have been raising tickets and talking to CB support. The latest response is that CB developers are aware of the ‘Coinbase Connection trouble’ issue on the app and website. They are working on getting it fixed. However, there is no ETA to it.
How to troubleshoot Coinbase connection trouble glitch?
Temporary internet outages happen with any internet-based company website handling such a volume of data. However, before approaching CB support, it is always advisable to troubleshoot or do some basic checks on one’s end. Here are a few tried, tested, and suggested dways.
How To Fix Coinbase Connection Issues on Mobile
- Ensure the OS of the mobile and the Coinbase mobile app are updated
- Clear out mobile app cache from settings.
- Switch from WiFi to phone data. The pages sometimes take longer to load using more bandwidth.
- Try with an Ethernet cable connection if it’s happening on your own network.
- Re-instal the Coinbase mobile app
- Sign in to the Coinbase website through the Android/iOS mobile web browser
- To stop it from automatically redirecting to the app, use a privacy browser, like Duck Duck Go that doesn’t allow sites to get redirected to the app unless you approve.
How To Fix Coinbase Connection Issues on Desktop
Coinbase connection issues when doing transactions on the Website can be temporarily fixed by following
- Check for Windows OS version. It should be updated.
- Restart and log in to the Coinbase account.
- Clear browser’s cache and cookies
- Update browser.
- Disable unnecessary web browser extensions
- If the problem persists, open the site on a new browser or open it in a private mode
Coinbase Connection Issues on mobile and desktop will get fixed ASAP as per the support. Till then try the methods suggested by their team and keep us updated if you continue to face issues!