Due to technological advancement, the process of enlarging images isn’t as complex as it was before. You don’t have to hire a professional to resize a picture. Instead, you can turn to special web-based tools that cost you less and automatically deliver high-quality results without any manual input. You can also process your visuals manually in pro-level editing software. Read further to learn the basics of manual and online picture enlargement, and discover three popular web-based tools.
How to enlarge your picture manually
To enlarge an image manually, you have to use editing software like Adobe Photoshop. If you already have Adobe Photoshop bought and installed, and are familiar with it, the enlargement process won’t take much of your time. However, the result might not be perfect and take more time than using an online tool.
Overall, this option might be a quick solution if you don’t have a lot of time to figure out everything about online image enlargement. Here’s how to upscale your pictures in Adobe Photoshop:
- Open a picture you want to enlarge in Photoshop.
- Select an Image Size option → check the Resample option. In the dropdown menu, click on Preserve Details.
- Check the set resolution; it has to be no less than 300 Pixels/Inch.
- Set Width and Height to either inches or pixels to make your image bigger. It’s better not to increase the size of an original visual more than twice.
- Save the result as a Smart Object.
- Duplicate the image layer and set the Blend mode of a copy to Soft Light.
- Go to the Filter section → choose Other → choose High Pass.
- Examine the preview and adjust the filter’s radius so the edges look the way you want.
- Save the result.
How to automatically enlarge your picture online without losing quality
Online picture enlargers are a simple and quick solution for beginner creators and artists willing to optimize their editing and visual creation processes. Most often, such tools have an intuitive user interface and are free to use. However, some programs can impose additional fees, provide limited free upscaling sessions, or offer free download only of standard quality images.
Here’s how to work with free online picture enlargers:
- Create an account if required by the platform.
- Upload a picture you want to enlarge.
- Wait a couple of seconds for the system to process your file.
- Check the available preview and pick an additional enlargement option.
- Download the result.
Points to consider when choosing a web-based upscaler
Here are several things worth paying attention to if you are looking for an online image enlarger:
- Registration. Some platforms require you to create an account before you can even upload a file, others will process your visuals and will allow downloading after you access your profile. Also, there are tools that don’t require registration at all.
- Upload parameters. Each platform poses its own limitations and requirements. Some upscalers have specific limits on image resolution and file size, e.g., a 15 MB maximum file size or a resolution of no more than 1500x1500px. Moreover, online tools can process JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and WEBP files, but you have to check these specifications on the platform of your choice.
- Pricing. Some tools might charge a certain price for its services. They can offer a choice of purchasing credit bundles or a subscription plan with a monthly limit on upscaled images.
- Preview option. Some enlargers offer a preview of the upscaled image with a magnifying lens; this way, you can pay close attention to detail and quality. However, some tools only provide a final file to download without the possibility of comparing it to the original picture before saving it.
Where to get your picture enlarged online
Depositphotos Image Upscaler
Depositphotos Image Upscaler accepts JPG and JPEG pictures with a maximum file size of 15 MB. The AI-powered tool poses no limits on processed images, so you can use it whenever needed by following the link: https://depositphotos.com. Also, you can only upscale one image at a time, as the program doesn’t provide a batch processing feature. To download upscaled results, you must create a free account. Your enlarged files will be stored in the system for three hours and deleted afterward. Depositphotos’ free image enlarger also offers a picture preview, so you can check the result before downloading it.
UpscalePics supports JPG, PNG, and WEBP images with a resolution of up to 4500x4500px. The first five processed pictures are available for free with watermarks, and to upscale more, you have to register and purchase a budget-friendly subscription. The tool offers detailed upscaling settings where you can increase the resolution of an image up to 8x or set its dimensions of width and height. Moreover, you can remove the JPEG file flaws, set the level of image compression, and choose the output format. However, remember that the more parameters you adjust, the more time it will take to upscale your picture.
Befunky Image Resizer
Befunky Image Resizer works with JPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, and PNG files. The tool offers a variety of editing options as it also serves as an image editor. However, if you want to use some additional features like an AI-powered image enhancer, you’ll have to register and buy a subscription. Purchasing a pricing plan will give you many advantages, from smart picture enhancing and editing to working with batch enlargements. If you’re not willing to purchase a Befunky Plus option, you can still enlarge images in the editor and apply some basic adjustments and filters.
To sum up
Usually, you don’t want to sacrifice image quality during the upscaling process. There are two ways to enlarge your files and maintain their high resolution: upscale your images manually or opt for online AI-powered tools. The second option is faster and more suitable for beginner creators who know little about file manipulation. Nevertheless, using web-based upscalers will still cost you less than purchasing a professional graphics editing software like Adobe Photoshop. Moreover, you automatically get professional results within seconds. Besides, web-based upscalers process complex visuals automatically and produce HD-quality results in a couple of seconds. Check the presented online image enlargers and choose the best one to ease your editing workflow and create sharp, upscaled pictures.