Netflix is many people’s go-to destination to unwind after a long, hectic day of work and unending household chores. And nothing can be more frustrating if Netflix is not working. The app stops just when you are about to escape into a world of a good old-fashioned movie or a freshly released series.
Despite its immense popularity, high-quality content, and viewership that is counted in millions, the Netflix app is not foolproof. For those facing trouble with the app, we have compiled a list of common problems encountered by viewers on the Netflix app along with their solutions that might help.
How to fix “Netflix not working on TV”?
Most Smart TVs come with the Netflix app preinstalled on them. Though the app works fine on the Smart TVs produced by most brands, reports have shown that the Samsung Smart TV often faces some issues while launching the Netflix app.
If you are facing such issues try the following steps:
- Unplug your TV. Wait for 30 seconds. This gives the TV enough time to reset itself. After 30 seconds, turn it back on.
- Turn off Samsung Instant On. This feature, though has its own perks, often obstructs the running of some apps including Netflix.
- If the previous steps fail, try factory resetting your TV. But the downside of this method is that it will erase all data and customized settings from the TV. Therefore, only try this if nothing else works.
How to fix “Netflix not working on PC”?
Some customers have reported issues while using Netflix on Windows or Mac. The app sometimes fails to play videos and displays a black screen. If this is a problem you are facing, try out these simple steps:
- Browser cookies often hinder the smooth functioning of some applications. Go to your browser Settings and clear out the cookies.
- If you’re using a Windows 10 PC, Netflix might create trouble for you if your PC is not updated. Go to the settings – click on Updates and security – click on Windows Update from the left panel – then click Download and Install Updates if there is any pending update available.
Also, try updating the Netflix app using these steps:
Go to Microsoft Store – click on three dots at the top-right corner – click on Downloads and Updates – click on Get updates. Available updates will automatically get downloaded.
- Another reason for Netflix not working on your PC may be your Antivirus. Some Antivirus software interferes with heavy streaming applications such as Netflix. Disabling the antivirus software on your PC might just solve your issue with Netflix.
How to fix the “Netflix not working on phone” error?
There are many reasons for the Netflix app to crash or not work properly on your Android or iOS smartphone. You can follow the basic troubleshooting technique to fix it:
- Go to the Settings menu on your android or iOS – select Apps and Notifications – click on see all apps – select Netflix and go to Storage and cache – then clear storage and clear cache.
- You can also restart your device, uninstall and then reinstall Netflix on your smartphone. This process is often enough to fix minor glitches.
Why is Netflix not working on Roku?
If Netflix is not working on your Roku TV, you can follow these simple ways that have found to work:
- Turn off your Roku device, unplug it and restart it after a while.
- Deactivate your connection to Netflix and reactivate it.
- Check your system updates on your Roku device.
All software service, even the highly reputed, nop-notch service like Netflix is not immune to occasional bugs and glitches. But nothing that can’t be fixed with a few easy steps. We hope you have found the solution to your specific issue with Netflix in our curated list.
Why is my Netflix app not working?
The Netflix app may act up due to numerous reasons. More often than not the basic troubleshooting technique is enough to fix them. Find the solutions to your problems above.
If not, contact Netflix.
Why can’t I sign into my Netflix account?
If you are unable to log in to Netflix.com on your browser, the first step to troubleshoot is to verify the entered email address. If the email id is incorrect, re-enter and sign in again. Visit netflix.com/clearcookies, then open the Netflix app and try to sign in again.
Why can’t I download content on Netflix?
The download feature on Netflix comes in pretty handy while traveling in an airplane or an internet-free zone, or when you want to turn off your wifi and stop the notifications from interrupting your fun time.
But this feature only works on Android 4.4.2 or iOS 8 and above. Also, use the updated version of the Netflix app.
If the above things are in place, try restarting your device.
Why is my Netflix sound not working?
Sometimes we panic even before checking the most obvious things. So, make sure that the volume on your device is turned up.
Post that, check whether your device’s speakers are working properly by playing something from the device’s internal storage. If yes, play other content on Netflix. If the sound on other content is working that implies the former was a faulty video.
Why is Netflix not loading or freezing?
The main reason behind Netflix content loading too slowly, or worse, not loading at all, is usually poor internet connectivity. But if that’s not the case for you then you might try these tricks to get it up and running again.
Close the Netflix app and restart your device. Then sign out of your Netflix account, update the app and then sign back in.
If the device is working perfectly and there is no poor internet connection, Netflix freeze or Netlfix not working means that the information stored on the device needs to be refreshed.
Why are Netflix subtitles not working?
Many a time, due to minor glitches, the subtitles do not appear on the screen. There are a few tricks that can fix this issue in minutes.
Try switching between subtitles of different languages and then switch back to the language you want.
Another trick to fix this issue is to change the subtitle appearance.
To do that open your Netflix account in a browser. Go to Profiles and Parental Controls – open your Profile. Then go to Subtitle Appearance and click on Change. Toggle around with appearance and choose the one you prefer. Save the changes and you’re done!
How do I clear my cache on Netflix?
Clear the Netflix app data
- From the home screen on your device, navigate to Settings.
- Select General. …
- Select Apps or Applications.
- Select Manage Applications, Application Manager, or Manage All Apps. …
- Scroll down and select Netflix. …
- Select Storage. …
- Select Clear Data or Clear Storage, then OK.
- Try Netflix again.
Where can I contact Netflix support?
Open your Netflix Home Page – go to Settings – tap on Account Details – your details page will open on your browser – scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Help Center – you will see a “want to contact us?” option at the bottom.
Share with us which workaround fixes your issue with Netflix.